1. Which of the following is an example of a hypothesis?
the time it takes for a volcanic eruption
how often an earthquake occurs
a statement such as if too much stress is put on a fault, an earthquake may result
2. Which type of geologist studies past life and its preservation?
3. Which type of geologist studies composition and structure of minerals?
4. Which type of bond involves the sharing of electrons?
5. Why is color not always reliable when identifying minerals?
because color is subjective
because color depends on the light present when you observe the mineral
because the same mineral can come in different colors
6. Which classification of mineral is most dominate in the Earth’s crust?
7. What is the texture of this igneous rock?
smooth, solid appearance
8. Which of the following is true of metamorphic rocks?
They form as a result of volcanic processes.
They form as a result of weathering and erosion.
They form as a result of intense heat and pressure.
9. Which process comes first in the formation of clastic sedimentary rocks?