Served one year as the evacuation section sergeant for the 1st squadron, 4th Cavalry Regiment. Daily duties include; Supervising four soldiers and three noncommissioned officers in their daily duties as medics and leaders, responsible for maintaining discipline and training for these soldiers, instructing non medical personnel on basic life-saving medical procedures, writing evaluation reports, and building power point presentations and excel spreadsheets.
Served three years as a medic in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Brooke Army Medical Center where daily duties included; taking vital signs, wound care, initiating intravenous access and infusion, collecting specimens and preparing them for laboratory, charting, ALTHA, escorting patients to radiology and wards, assisting doctors and nurses with procedures, checking medical equipment for accountability and serviceability, trauma charting, CPR, and airway management.
Served one year in the Emergency Department at Ibn Sina Hospital in Bgghdad, Iraq with the 28th Combat Support Hospital, better known as “Baghdad ER.” Duties at Ibn Sina include; providing emergency hemorrhage control, airway management, and other life-saving interventions to severely wounded patients. Other duties at this station include; assisting with portable x-rays, assisting with CT scans, medication administration, intravenous access and administration, lab collections, paper charting, and using vital signs machines as well as taking manual vital signs.
[Type Your Name] [Type your address]
Summary of Qualifactions________________________________________________________________________________
Solutions-focused, versatile Healthcare Specialist offering a comprehensive background supporting U.S. military operations in roles of increasing responsibility during a 7-year career in the U.S. Army. Effective communicator who quickly masters new roles and technologies to achieve positive results in areas of operations, patient exams, trauma assessments and training. Proven ability to analyze organization deficiencies, and support with training opportunities to educate and improve staff relationships and readiness.
Effective Team Leader Medical Supply Inventory Control
Secret Security Clearance Patient Care/ Quality Assurance
Regulatory Compliance Medical Protection System Database
February 2017 to Current
United States Army – Fort Hood, TX
· Supervised a daily average of 30 patient screenings & in-processing operations for clinical acute care.
· Oversaw collection, documentation, packaging & shipping of 50 urinalysis specimens for drug testing.
· Managed 9 healthcare specialist during daily clinical operations, tasks, and staff readiness.
November 2013 to February 2017
United States Army – Fort Riley, Kansas
· Supervised a General Surgery Clinic while managing 10 healthcare specialists & $200,000 in medical supplies.
· Reviewed and tabbed 500 compensation & pension exam reports for rating preparations.
· Conducted exam screening & assisted OB/GYN providers with healthcare procedures and patient care.
· Compiled medical records and reports, maintained operation efficiency.
Human Resource Specialist
February 2011 to November 2013
United States Army – Grafenwoehr, Germany
· Filed daily personnel reports, tracked awards & evaluation reports for 260 personnel.
· Prepared correspondence and document for tracking compliance of regulatory training.
· Assisted in organizing training events & maintained account of $3 million of government property.
Bachelors of Science 2016 to present
Concentration: Early Childhood Education
Kaplan University – Davenport, IA
Associate of Science
Concentration: Associate of Science in Health Science
· Phlebotomy Technician
· Basic Leader Course
· National Registry of EMT Certification
· Basic Life Savers /CPR Certification
· Combat Life Savers Course
Skills and Credentaling____________________________________________________________________________________
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Strong supervisor and management skills
Available upon request
[Type Your Name] Page 2