- Demonstrate an understanding of intelligence (IQ) and multiple intelligences (MIs) by comparing and contrasting the differing variables associated with each.
- Thinking critically about these foundational differences, comment on how Gardner’s ideas about learning preferences might change the way we assess a person’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Click the following link and take the MI assessment (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Review your results.
- Do you agree with the assessment? How can what you have learned about yourself help support your learning performance? List at least two behaviors you could change or traits you could develop in your own behaviors, and explain how they support your assessment results.
t is suggested to be a process that improves our ability to effectively process information. Consider the benefits of being more aware of your own learning needs and how it might affect both your personal and professional goals. Discuss the following:
- How could an increased awareness of information processing, your learning style, and your attention and self-regulation strategies potentially affect your performance in your academic journey?
- Your career development/professional life?
- Based on your career goals, how can a better understanding of how we learn be applied?
(e.g. in your organization? your community? your volunteer efforts?)
- Did you learn anything important about yourself through the process of learning about learning?
- What did you learn about your peers in the class through the process of learning about learning?
- How will you apply what you have learned about yourself in your future learning activities (whether you are the learner or the instructor in these activities)?
- Do you agree or disagree that by applying the elements of metacognition into your studies, you will improve your ability to learn more effectively?