Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) has become a big concern in hospitals throughout the country and the world, as have other antibiotic resistant bacterial strains.
· The use, overuse, and abuse of antibiotics is accredited with creating these antibiotic resistant strains. Explain how this relates to natural selection.
· Describe 1–2 of the things that people do (you can include individuals, doctors, health care professionals, hospitals, farmers, etc.) that contribute to this problem? Why?
· How can you prevent or slow down the spread and further the selection of new antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria?
· Are there things that you can personally do to reduce your risk or even to reduce the spread of these dangerous microbes?
· What is your reaction to the following sign that is commonly found in restrooms? Is it significant to the discussion of antibiotic resistance?