This activity will introduce you to the fundamentals of developing a healthcare advocacy plan. You will use the information you provided in this week’s Discussion to apply into a real-world scenario.
Unit Outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
· Describe the components of a healthcare advocacy plan.
· Learn how to communicate healthcare concerns affecting the community.
Course Outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
Develop a plan for healthcare advocacy.
You will communicate a healthcare advocacy plan. You will contact either a local healthcare agency (i.e., County Health Department, etc.) or healthcare facility (i.e., clinic, hospital, or nursing home) to research two to three healthcare issues affecting the local community.
Explain the issues facing your community, possible methods to alleviate the concern, and how you would ethically advocate for the respective population. You are required to research the specific issues presented with credible sources (e.g., Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute of Health, Census Bureau, etc.). In a 3-page paper, present a healthcare advocacy plan that addresses your research findings. Provide a summary of your findings, including at least three (3) credible references to support your advocacy plan in APA format.
· Research two to three healthcare issues affecting your local community.
· Propose a healthcare advocacy plan that addresses your research findings.
· Include three (3) academic references.