The Discussion Board this week will continue with the theme of ‘epidemics’. Please watch the following video on the London cholera epidemic in the 19th century. Keep in mind that this took place in 1854….just a couple of years before the beginning of the ‘Golden Age of Microbiology’. Therefore, during the time period of this epidemic very little (if anything) was known about microbes, transmission routes, control methods, etc. Please respond to the following prompts on the Discussion Board.
Here are the specific directions for the Module this week:
1). Access the web site for the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvHL0dHj3RM (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
2). In the Discussion Board for this Module, please respond to the following prompts:
– Discuss at least 3 things that you learned form this video.
– In addition, please research another epidemic in history and discuss:
– the specific organism that caused this epidemic
– when this epidemic took place
– the number of cases of the disease during this epidemic (if known)
– how the epidemic was investigated/how the causative agent was identified
– if changes/steps were taken to help prevent a similar epidemic in the future
3). You must include at least 2 scientific references posted in correct APA format.