During this semester, you must attend one on or off-campus musical performances. Your report must be approximately one full typed page for each (500-word minimum) and in essay format. I will provide you with a list of suggested concerts. To turn in your concert report, you must upload your text document to Canvas along with a picture of your concert ticket.
· The name of the group or performer
· The conductor, if applicable
· The title and composer for each piece performed
· If applicable, describe the instruments used in the concert, and organize each piece performed by historical style. (Middle Ages: 476-1450, Renaissance: 1450-1600, Baroque: 1600-1750, Classical: 1750-1820, Romantic: 1820-1900, Modern: 1880-present)
· Describe the emotion you associate with each piece. What did the composer do to create that feeling? Use terminology learned in class such as tempo, instruments, dynamics, texture, form, consonance or dissonance, etc.
· Concert Experiences must be typed, double-spaced, 1-inch margins, and 11-point times new roman font. Papers will not be accepted after the deadline. Not even for partial credit. If you use a source you must cite it. Proofread your papers: spelling and syntax will count toward your grade. You may not document your experience on a concert in which you perform. Do your own work. Plagiarism is a serious offense that can lead to dismissal from class and ultimately from the college.