Examine the requirements for measuring assets at fair value in the following accounting standards:
IAS3/AASB 3 Business Combinations IAS116/AASB116 Property, plant and equipment IAS138/AASB138 Intangible assets
How can fair value be determined in each of the standards?
What impact would the differences in the methods allowed to determine fair value
have on the financial reports?
Do you think the requirements for an active market in relation to intangibles assets is
justified? What problems could occur if the active market requirement was not included for intangible assets?
2000 words max.
Very Good (D)
1. Introduction (10)
2. Body/Discussion (40) Critical evaluation of topic
3. Recommendation/s (10) Conclusion (5)
4. Examples (10)
6. Referencing, citations (5)
7. Evidence of reading, quality and quantity (10)
8. English expression, coherence, grammar and spelling. Logical flow of ideas (10)