1. State the events of each stage of the cell cycle:
a. G1 _____________________________________________
c. G2 __________________________________________________
d. M ___________________________________________________
2. Explain why the entire process is called the “cell cycle.”.
3. Write the phases of mitosis.
4. What is the function of the centromere during mitosis?
5. Evolution of the spindle was of central importance to eukaryotic cells. What role is played by the spindle during mitosis?
6. Do the chromosomes have sister chromatids during these phases of mitosis (yes or no)
7. Contrast how cytokinesis occurs in animal cells with how it occurs in plant cells?