- Select your focus commercial, ad, or infomercial. Note the URL, if available.
- View the commercial/ad/infomercial as many times, as needed, to sufficiently analyze your cognitive and emotional involvement with it. In particular, consider:
- How does framing of the commercial/ad/infomercial inform your involvement with the material?
- What elements of language are used, such as speed, power, and intensity?
- How do those language elements influence your involvement, and which language element stands out most?
- Evaluate the commercial/ad/ infomercial according to the principles and practices of advertising ethics.
Post responses to the following:
- Describe the commercial/ad/infomercial. Provide a link, if available.
- Summarize your analysis of your cognitive and emotional connection to the commercial/ad/infomercial. In your summary, be sure to explain how the framing and elements of language informed your involvement, including which language element was most salient for you and why.
- Explain your conclusions about the ethics of the strategies used in the commercial/ad/infomercial.