Step 01. Start by going to the Congress.Gov website.
Step 02. Open a new tab and go to PL 111-148
What to submit for the assignment
1. Public Laws are identified by the session of Congress that produces the law. Which session of congress are we currently in at this time?
2. In what session of Congress was the ACA adopted and what is the official name of the legislation?
3. Who was the Sponsor of the bill and how many co-sponsors were there for the bill?
4. How many Roll call votes were there on the bill before it passed?
5. When was the bill passed by the senate?
6. What were the initial Congressional Budget Office total for Specified Authorizations estimates –Review https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/111th-congress-2009-2010/costestimate/specifiedauthorizationshr35900.pdf
7. As you reviewed the various categories within the CBO budget what particularly interested you and why? It is important to note that even though a budget amount is approved Congress still must act on spending authority for the item.
8. When was the bill signed into law by the President?