In a 10- to 12-page paper (not including the title page or references page) the student will:
· Briefly restate the problem from the chosen case study.
· Compose a thesis statement that contains the student’s professional recommendation. The thesis statement should be located near the end of the second paragraph of the report.
· Explain the relevant theories and empirical studies that have led to the student’s professional recommendation. The explanation must include evaluations of seven to eight, peer-reviewed articles from the Annotated Bibliography that was created in Week Two. At least one of these articles must be about a specific empirical study. In addition, the explanation must:
o Evaluate each article (comparing and contrasting them with the other articles) and answer the following questions:
What was the researchers’ research question?
What was their hypothesis?
How many participants did they have?
Was the research design method appropriate for that particular hypothesis?
Was it valid?
Did their findings support the hypothesis?
What are the implications?
What are the limitations?
o Discuss the opposing sides to the student’s recommendation and explain:
Why it is relevant.
Why it should be considered.
Why it should be discounted for this recommendation.
o Discuss any limitations or gaps in existing research.
· Restate the professional recommendation in one to two concluding paragraphs.
The paper must include a title page and references page, and it must be formatted according to APA style
Organization tip: It is best to start with the least related and most broad article and move toward the most relevant. It can be helpful to think of the organization for this report as a funnel: The articles evaluated should get more and more specific and narrow in breadth throughout the report.
Language Note: This report is being written for an audience that is not familiar with the theories and material that are discussed. This means that the paper needs to be accessible to all individuals. All technical terms, acronyms, and theories should be explained and jargon should be avoided.
The Intervention Proposal
· Must be 10 to 12 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must use at seven to eight peer-reviewed sources that were all written within the past ten years, in addition to any seminal works that should be included.
· Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
· Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style