Reflect: The paper should clearly identify your case study selection, explain why you have decided to focus on this particular topic and area of psychology for your Final Paper, and explain the importance of the topic. Begin your paper with a well-written introduction that includes a succinct thesis statement, and end your paper with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis. For assistance with creating a thesis statement, utilize the Thesis Generator (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. tool on the Ashford University Writing Center website. Your introductory paragraph must include a description of the basic characteristics of science and a definition of applied behavioral science. Your conclusion must include a preliminary examination of the pros and cons (advantages and disadvantages) of utilizing at least one applied behavioral science intervention method to address the concerns in the scenario you selected.
Write: The paper should be one-to-two pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. Your paper must contain at least one reference from a scholarly source that is cited according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center and published in the past 10 years. Examples of scholarly sources include peer reviewed journal articles, research studies, professional websites with authored material, and government websites. Popular Internet sites (Wikipedia, Newsweek, New York Times, etc.) are not considered scholarly sources. For further assistance in determining whether or not a site is scholarly, be sure to access the Evaluating Web Resources tutorial (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. on the Ashford University Library website.
The Case Study Selection paper
- Must be one to two double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought. View the Critical Thinking Community (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. website for further assistance.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis and summarizes supporting evidence.
- Must use at least one scholarly source published within the past 10 years.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.