· Clearly describe the issue
· Connect the issue to the Joint Commission National quality/safety gaols
· Include specific clinical examples/ stories that illustrate the issue
· Review the literature and incorporate published positions/ viewpoints
· Include the viewpoints of the ANA, NLN. NYSNA, NCF, NCQA, Joint Commission, QSEN
· Include position of your employer
· Develop a plan to manage this problem. Be specific- who needs to be involved (administration; government; nurses; patients).
· Describe how this will impact your nursing practice.
The paper should be 4 pages in a standard format APA STYLE with citation
Website like PESI, JACHO AND NYSNA are helpful
Assignment # 4 Grading Rubric for Nursing practice paper
|Clearly identify the problem giving definition(s), a brief history/background or any information that is relevant to it. Identify if it is a National quality/ safety goal||25%|
|Present nurses’ stories (examples) that illustrate how the selected problem affects the individual nurse(s) and nursing care. Present positions or viewpoints, on the problem, that are documented in the nursing literature. Include the positions of professional nursing organizations, if available, regarding this problem||25%|
|Develop a plan to manage this problem. Be specific- who needs to be involved (administration; government; nurses; professional organizations).
Describe how this will impact your nursing practice.