All health and allied-health professions have a Code of Ethics that is designed to guide those within the field. For this assignment, if you work in an allied-health field, please locate your professional Code of Ethics. If not, please choose a Code of Ethics from the Optional Reading.
1. Provide an overview of the Code of Ethics that you have chosen. What are some of the major areas that are covered? Why are these important to the profession?
2. Are there areas that you think are missing and relevant to the profession? Explain why or why not. This should not be opinion but should be supported by reliable sources. For example, you can use another Code of Ethics that covers the area(s) that you feel are important to support your argument, or also use scholarly and professional articles.
3. Are any of the ethical principles discussed earlier in the course mentioned in the Code of Ethics? If none are mentioned specifically, are they alluded to in the Code? Give examples.
4. Why is it important for all health professionals to have a Code of Ethics?
Optional Reading Choices:
· American Clinical Social Work Association (n.d.) Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.acswa.org/code-ethics/
· American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science (n.d.) Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.ascls.org/about-us/code-of-ethics
· National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (2013). Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.naemt.org/about-ems/emt-oath
1. Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your writing. This should not be an opinion piece, but an analysis.
2. Avoid the use of first person in your paper.
3. Limit your response to a maximum of 3-5 pages.