1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Assignment: Provide 700-800 all work must be original, cited, reference pages and it will be submitted through Turn It In.
1. Record the verbal cues that people generate and provide the listener (interviewer) and the responses the interviewer should (or should not) make when these cues are given.
2. As a police investigator, how do you handle a suspect that is being interviewed who is overly courteous? Do you rebuke them to stop? Encourage it? Let him/her know you are on to them? Believe they are truthful? Write up your suggestions by answering each of the situations mentioned.
3. According to the text, what kinds of religious objects may be displayed in the interview room and describe how the interviewer can use them to get truthful responses.
4. Outline the practicality of decoding speech characteristics indicating the current stress response of the victim, witness, or especially the suspect and tell how these can be used to help bring about a confession or the truth.