For this project you will need to:
- Identify two species, one species that you think may go extinct and one species that you think may thrive. Explain the physical characteristics that you think contribute to the organism’s ability to adapt (or not) to a changing environment.
- What genes have been identified that are expressed that result in the phenotypes that you have identified?
- What research is being conducted to understand how the two species you chose are adapting to climate change?
This is the module where you submit the topic proposal and outline for Essay 1 (Part A). In Essay 1 you will select and explore two species and how environmental changes may affect their development and sexual reproduction.
Recall that the course outcomes we are targeting in this module are:
- Course Outcome 2: Explain how genetic and environmental factors influence the development of living organisms.
- Course Outcome 3: Apply developmental biology concepts to ecosystem level questions.
This assignment is designed to allow you to demonstrate your mastery of these learning outcomes.
For Essay #1
In this module you will submit a topic proposal and outline of 250 words (Part A). Please note: In Module 3 you will write a 1500 – 2000 word (6-7 pages) essay (due in Module 3 M3A1 Part B) that fully addresses the assignment.
For your Module 1 topic proposal and outline (Part A) you will need to include an orderly outline and at least two (2) scientific resources you plan to use in your research. The entire assignment submitted should be about 250 words. Remember that an outline is a basic frame work, bullet points and short sentence or fragments, not paragraphs.
Your Essay #1 Part B (due in Module 3) will be a well-organized informative 1500 – 2000 word (6-7 pages) essay that explains, describes, analyzes and examines how environmental may affect the development and procreation of different species.
Compose your work in a .doc or .docx file type using a word processor (such as Microsoft Word, etc.) and save it frequently to your computer. For those assignments that are not written essays and require uploading images or PowerPoint slides, please follow uploading guidelines provided by your instructor.
Check your work and correct any spelling or grammatical errors. When you are ready to submit your work, click “Submit Assignment” in the upper right corner. Click on “Browse,” browse your computer, and select your file. Click “Open” and verify the correct file name has appeared next to the Browse button. Enter your comments, if any, in the Comments area. Click on “Submit Assignment.”