Healthcare Settings, Technology, and Ethics
Choose one topic for your initial post:
1. What are at least two current ethical issues in health care? How do they impact health, healthcare, and health outcomes?
2. What are some current medical technologies that has enabled us to alter the human body? What might be some ethical implications of these technologies?
3. Why is it important that we develop a discipline that looks at and monitors new medical technologies? Please be specific.
4. Is it ethical for the federal government to pay the costs of kidney dialysis for all patients, regardless of age or income, as it now does, but not to pay the costs of other illnesses? Which would be more reasonable and more feasible: extending benefits to those who have other illnesses or withdrawing them from those who need kidney dialysis?
responses should be no less than 200 words in length not including your reference(s) and supported by at least two references.
PSAs in Public Health
Identify a public services announcement (PSA) that specifically addresses an issue relevant to public health. Share this PSA with us by providing a link to the video (YouTube is a great place for this) or website. Answer the following questions about this PSA:
1. Who sponsored this PSA?
2. What public health issue does this PSA address?
3. Who is the target audience for this PSA?
4. In your opinion, is this PSA effective? Why or why not?
NOTE: In your title of your post, state the PSA you chose. Each student should choose a unique PSA.
responses should be no less than 200 words in length not including your reference(s) and supported by at least two references. Suppose a new Congress and administration overrule the independence of the Federal Reserve System and force the Fed to greatly expand the money supply. What effect will this have?
A. On the level and slope of the yield curve immediately after the announcement?
B. On the level and slope of the yield curve that would exist two to three years in the future?