Go to www.google.com and type – Fukushima nuclear disaster – in the search box.
Note there are more than 1.5 ‘million’ hits for this topic and think about these questions.
What are you expecting to find in the first few hits? Do you think the hits on the first page will be the best? The newest? From the best sources?
Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on page 10. Select any page greater than page 10 and review the ‘hits’ on that page. Create a 200 word reaction to what you learned about information literacy. Tell us what page you chose, detail the source quality, age of the sources, whether any are paid ads, etc. and be sure to provide specific examples and links to sources on your page.
Your initial thread is due by Wednesday midnight
Respond meaningfully (75 words minimum) to two or more of your peers by Sunday midnight.
Please address your colleagues’ postings in one or more of the following suggested ways:
- Ask a probing or clarifying question.
- Share an insight from having read your colleague’s posting.
- Offer, support, or challenge a position
- Validate an idea with your own experience.
- Expand on your colleague’s posting.
- Ask for evidence that supports the posting.