Write a 3–4-page article that addresses the topic of interprofessional collaboration and teamwork in health care organizations.
The majority of health care leaders today state that interprofessional collaboration is essential for effective and efficient health care delivery. But this type of collaboration rarely occurs (Bankston & Glazer, 2013). In this assessment you will consider what it takes to develop truly effective interprofessional collaborative teams.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Explain strategies for effective interprofessional teamwork and collaboration in health care delivery.
- (IMPORTANT) -Describe strategies to help people work effectively together.
- Competency 2: Analyze the implications of working with interprofessional teams in multifaceted health care settings.
- (IMPORTANT) -Explain the meaning of the term “interprofessional collaboration” from a nursing perspective.
- (IMPORTANT) -Describe the characteristics and qualities of effective interprofessional teams in terms of patient safety.
- (IMPORTANT) -Describe the benefits, limitations, and challenges of working in interprofessional teams for health care organizations, team members, and patients.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations of a nursing professional.
- (IMPORTANT) -Write content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics. Use correct APA format.
Search the Capella library and Internet to locate scholarly and professional journal articles on the elements of an effective interprofessional health care team to use as support in this assessment.
You have been asked to submit an article to be published in your organization’s newsletter. After careful deliberation, you have decided to address the topic of interprofessional collaboration and teamwork in health care organizations, and how teams can be successful. Your article should be 3–4 pages in length, not including the title page and references page. Format this assessment following APA guidelines.
Complete the following in your article:
- Explain what is meant by the term interprofessional collaboration from a nursing perspective. (Do not simply copy a definition from a dictionary or other resource!)
- Describe the characteristics and qualities of effective interprofessional teams in terms of patient care and safety.
- Describe the benefits and limitations of interprofessional teams for health care organizations, members of a team, and patients.
- Explain the challenges of working in an interprofessional team.
- Describe strategies to help people come together to function effectively as a collaborative team.
- Explain how interprofessional teams define success. Consider how the definition might change based on the types of situations the team was formed to handle.
- Include a separate title page and references page.
- Reference at least three current scholarly or professional resources.
- Use APA format.
- Use Times New Roman font, 12 point.
- Double space.