You are a public health nurse who is interested in obtaining data related to a health behavior problem that you see in your nursing practice. You would like to research this health behavior problem and access resources for health data that might be available to help inform your nursing practice. NOTE: For this Assessment, you are to identify a health problem or behavior and not an infectious disease or specific diagnosis (Some examples of health problems or behaviors: smoking, obesity, substance abuse, teen pregnancy, or mental illness).
1) Identify two sources of data that you might access to research your health problems or behaviors. Then, explain why you would use these two sources of data, including the type of data you are likely to find with each source.
2) Explain the incidence and prevalence of the health problems or behaviors you selected based on the sources of data you identified.
3) Describe the levels of prevention as they relate to nursing practice for the health problems or behaviors you selected.
4) Explain what it means to “think upstream.” Then, explain how you might integrate this perspective into your nursing practice for the health problems or behaviors you selected.
5) Explain how the determinants of health help nurses and healthcare professionals advocate for patients related to the health problems or behaviors you selected.